click on the gallery above
Before and after pics that are a hot commodity on IG. I see accounts reposting acne scar B&A photos like they are gold. Don’t be deceived.
Anyone can take a photo class& learn the tricks. Sadly Acne Scar patients are desperate and fall for the dream of perfection, getting their hopes up that the B&A pics offer a cure.
Reasons why these photos “can” look amazing:
- Photoshop / Re-touching
- Lighting & Shadow tricks
- Camera and Focus Tricks
- Swelling post procedure – Photos are not 6 months to a year later (healing)
- Excess usage of filler
- Not telling you all the procedures done and making it seem like it was a one-time thing
- Everyone gets a few good photos if you’re treating hundreds of patients monthly. You post the best ones, even the worst Dr’s can do this.
- Excessive use of makeup
- Hollywood Production Team making it seem like Reality TV “aesthetics” be part of the show
- Marketing Lies and disinformation
- Changing something in the after to make it look better and draw attention
- Getting rid of the Redness or hyperpigmentation and making you think they got rid of scars when they are clearly there
- Exessive topicals making the face “moist”
- Filling the lips or another part to distract
Why can’t you get the above:
- Poor healing/ Genetics
- Bad Dr / or their skill is not good (false advertising being an expert)
- Ongoing scarring and acne
- You get red or pigment easily
- You did not do enough treatments
- Wrong treatment type used
Be careful don’t fall for B&A photos. Everyone is different and treatment must be customized to your needs. Google Hollywood without makeup or Hollywood botched surgery.
I offer acne scar plans, support, and education. Check out my website myacnescars.com consult tab.